*Dang, it’s the holiday season when folks look forward to getting their grub on when they visit friends and family. That means the last thing anyone wants to worry about is getting sick or even dying from food poisoning.
Unfortunately that’s the risk and reality we’re faced with as we’ve learned that food items such as salads, taquitos, tikka masala and more ready-to-eat food in your frig or freezer from McCain Foods could be part of a massive food recall.
Here’s more from TasteofHome.com:
Nothing beats the convenience of ready-made meals. It?s true especially for wraps, sandwiches and salads when you don?t have time to make lunch. But before you eat any ready-to-eat foods in your refrigerator or freezer, please be aware: There?s a massive recall in effect due to Salmonella and Listeriapoisoning concerns.
Why the Recall Affects So Much Food
The U.S. Department of Agriculture?s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced multiple recalls of numerous ready-to-eat and pre-prepared food products in the past week or so, all because the products contain onion, corn or other vegetable ingredients that may be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
The contaminated ingredients were all produced by one company, McCain Foods, and used to make food products all over the country.
Here?s a List of the Affected Food Products
The recall covers everything from breakfast burritos and salads to chicken wraps and tikka masala. You could have purchased the food products at many retailers across the country, including Kroger, Walmart, Whole Foods, Trader Joe?s and 7-Eleven.
Chicken Bowls and Salads with Chicken
The ready-to-eat chicken bowls and salads were produced by Caito Foods from October 6 through October 14, 2018, and bear establishment number ?P-39985? inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were only sold in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Missouri. Check out the product labels.
- 11.5-oz. plastic clamshell packages containing ?good & deLISH santa fe style salad with chicken,? with ?ENJOY BY? dates of 10/13/18 through 10/21/18 (inclusive).
- 8.75-oz. plastic clamshell packages containing ?Santa Fe Style Salad with Chicken,? with ?Sell By? date of 10/13/18 through 10/21/18 (inclusive).
- 11.25-oz. plastic clamshell packages containing ?FRESH Garden HIGHWAY SALADS SANTA FE STYLE SALAD WITH CHICKEN,? with ?Best If Sold By? dates of 10/12/18 through 10/20/18 (inclusive).
- 12-oz. plastic bowl packages containing ?good to go! Chipotle Chicken Bowl,? with ?Sell By? dates of 10/11/18 through 10/19/18 (inclusive).
- 8.75-oz. plastic clamshell packages containing ?FRESH Garden HIGHWAY Santa Fe Style Salad with Chicken,? with ?Best if Sold By? dates of 10/13/18 through 10/21/18 (inclusive).
You can get the rest of the list of possible tainted food items at TasteofHome.com.