Lord have mercy! This story is a real stomach turner. That is unless you’re into eating rats.
In Hawaii, a restaurant there found itself being forced to shut down if only temporarily after video of a rodent being cooked on its grill went viral on social media, according to reports.
?We are horrified a former employee would create something like this trying to destroy our reputation without regard for our 20-plus years of quality and aloha,? Teddy?s Bigger Burgers President Richard Stula told Hawaii News Now.
In the video, which was uploaded to Snapchat, appears to show two knucklehead teenage workers joking it up as they fry up a baby rat next to a beef patty at the restaurant in Honolulu.
Don?t eat at Teddys Burger in Mapunapuna.
They cooking rats on the grill ??? pic.twitter.com/3OTTVFgita
? KidBranz ?? (@HawaiiKidBranz) November 22, 2018
?Braaaaah. Gnarly. Employees at Teddy?s Bigger Burger cooking a rat at the 99 ranch location. Ummmmm ? so gnar,? reads the caption, according to a screengrab posted by Fox News.
The restaurant fired at least one employee ? and plans to conduct a ?complete sanitization? of equipment and replace utensils, company reps told the station.
?We will then send a corporate team in to inspect and complete a thorough audit of the location before it is allowed to re-open,? Stula told Fox.
He added, ?We are horrified that a former teenage employee would conduct themselves in that way and make such a video of which we are investigating its authenticity.?
The restaurant should re-open once it is cleaned and equipment is replaced.
Note to self when visiting Honolulu: NEVER eat at Teddy’s Bigger Burgers.