*If you’ve got proven skills and experience as an on-air news reporter and anchor, there’s a great opportunity waiting for you!
Serious applicants only need apply.
Lotus Communications Corp. is one of the largest privately owned Radio Station Groups in the United States. In Los Angeles, we operate Lotus Oxnard Corp., KIRN 670 AM, Lotus Los Angeles Corp., KWKW – ESPN Deportes Radio, and KFWB – La Mera Mera.
Lotus Oxnard Corp., KIRN 670 AM is looking for a News Reporter/Anchor with a strong desire to contribute to the overall success at a legendary radio station and to become part of our team.
The News Reporter/Anchor works under the supervision of the Program Director. The Reporter/Anchor specializes in delivering live radio newscasts, prioritizing stories for air, and covering breaking news. The Reporter/Anchor may be asked to appear as a guest on programs or host programs or appear in public on behalf of KIRN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Stays atop daily local and national news via multiple sources. Selects and rewrites stories for air. Edits all scripts for accuracy, timeliness and proper usage. Arranges newscasts, billboards and other on-air content. Presents content live on-air in an authoritative and conversational manner that connects with local listeners. Operates a board, computers, recording machines, and other equipment as necessary. May provide breaking news coverage during air shift. Has role in helping manage news publication on website. Helps feature copy of reporters. Promotes the station by having their pictures or live/prerecorded videos on our Social Media platforms.
· Specializes in covering a news beat and producing high value journalistic content for publication on radio and digital platforms, including daily news reports, in-depth feature reports and special reports as assigned.
· Anchors newscasts, hosts programs, helps edit others, and helps during station promoting activities.
· Gathers and shares news stories with listeners, often through live broadcasts. Unlike their colleagues in television, radio reporters have to rely on what is heard rather than what is seen.
· Develops story ideas, performs research, interviews people, writes their stories and comes up with story ideas.
· Responds to breaking news stories.
· Researches possible story ideas.
· Specializes in covering news outside of the station.
· Reports on entertainment, sports or news events.
· Other duties as assigned.
Core skills: Strong writing skills, and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related flied.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills (Farsi and English required).
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required; experience within the broadcasting industry is preferred.
· Typing skills in Farsi and English.
· Strong MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel and Word) is required.
· Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills.
· Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
· Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources.
· Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines.
· Excellent understanding of Associated Press style.
· Being comfortable in front of the camera.
· Ability to shoot and edit digital video is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
· Office environment, some repetitive motion required. May require some travel to station events, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Interested applicants please send cover letter, resume and salary history to the following: