L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Local Healthcare Leaders to Discuss Future of Obamacare and Potential Impact to L.A. County?s Underserved Populations
WHAT:??????????? Today, there are an estimated 750,000 uninsured residents in L.A. County, according to a 2015 Community Health Assessment conducted by the L.A. County Department of Public Health. Although, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has provided healthcare for many, it is clear there is still an immense need for access to quality, low-cost care. Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the ACA and what impact it will have on the healthcare landscape in L.A. County, community leaders and healthcare stakeholders are hosting a press conference to kick off this year?s Care Harbor LA massive free clinic and discuss what organizations such as Care Harbor are doing to help the most vulnerable populations in the County.
WHO:? ??????????? Don Manelli, President and Founder, Care Harbor
Board Chairman Mark Ridley-Thomas, L.A. County Supervisor, 2nd District
Mark Gamble, Board of Governors Chairperson, L.A. Care Health Plan
Natalie Nevins, D.O., Medical Director, Care Harbor
William Keh, CEO, Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation
WHEN: ??????????? Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017? |? 9 a.m.
Clinic opens Friday, Jan. 20 through Sunday, Jan. 22 | 6:30 a.m. ? 5 p.m. each day
WHERE:?????????? The Reef Event Center
1933 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA? 90007
VISUALS & INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES?????
- New and returning patients with unique stories
- Care Harbor clinic set-up
- Minerva de La Cruz, Manager, Medical Outreach Division, Dept. of Public Social Services (DPSS), and Care Harbor partners available for interviews
- Volunteers, including physicians, dentists and medical students
- Patients lining up for care
- Patients accessing medical services
- Partners sharing preventive health literature with patients
- DPSS educating/enrolling patients in coverage programs
MEDIA CONTACTS:???? Jackie Aker | Care Harbor | email@example.com
Brenda de Alba | Edelman | 323.761.6603 | firstname.lastname@example.org