*Imagine your sweet animal gets sick and there is absolutely nothing you can do. It happens. You go on a camping trip. You take the family dog. A good time is had by all. But when you come home you notice something just ain’t right with your pooch.
According to his owner, Al, who asked that his last name not be used, 10-year-old Ollie, a Shetland sheep dog aka Sheltie, became paralyzed after a family camping trip. Al said Ollie is generally active, but he noticed that was not the case once they returned home.
After taking the dog to the vet and having tests conducted, blood work and X-rays done, no one could figure out what was wrong with Ollie, according to the DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital.
No dog owner wants to see their pet suffering, so on May 4, two weeks after the trip, Al and his family made the difficult decision to euthanize Ollie.
But then the strangest thing happened. Continue reading