Dog in Michigan Dies at Groomer’s After Being Soaked in Chemicals

Max, dog dies after chemicals spill

*At best we can hope that the death of this poor little poodle cocker spaniel mix will shut down Shaggy Dog Puppies & Supplies pet store in Michigan. Max, a healthy 7-year-old rescue, had been taken in for a routine visit as he had many times before. Last Thursday, he was taken in to get his hair trimmed and nails cut. He never made it back home. When the groomers didn’t call his owners, Dennis and Maureen St. Clair back in a timely manner to pick him up, a red flag rose up and Dennis decided to go to the pet shop located at Van Dyke near 21 Mile.

“I saw the groomer, her name was Cindy, and she was coming out the back door with a dog wrapped in blankets and just soaking wet,” Dennis told Fox 2. “And I looked and said, ‘Oh God, I hope it isn’t my dog,’ and it was Max, foaming at the mouth.”

But it was.

According to the groomers, little Max had been barking too much and they set him in a utility closet where somehow, chemicals spilled. 

So what this means is Max died a slow and painful death, in a closet, where no one heard his cries. By the time Dennis saw his dog, his newly groomed hair was falling off, burns were all over his body.

I am sure the man was livid!

And his wife, Maureen, said she was “hysterical!” according to Fox 2 News. She said she felt so bad for her husband, “because he had to see Max,” who she describes as “the best dog ever.”

Dennis rushed their little pet to the vet, where he died.

“I can see if the dog is barking, put it in a room, fine,” Dennis told Fox 2.  “But with chemicals? There shouldn’t be anything in that room. There’s no excuse for that.”

According to the St. Clair’s attorney, the groomers killed another dog several years back after the dog was left in a cage with a hot dryer.

The groomers offered the St. Clair’s a new puppy.

I can only imagine the look that came from them in response to that.

What the St. Clair’s hope to accomplish now is a shut down of the entire operation.

Ditto that!

Rest in peace, Max. Sending you hugs and kisses.

One thought on “Dog in Michigan Dies at Groomer’s After Being Soaked in Chemicals”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *