*One of a persons’ scariest thoughts has got to be, “what would I do if my house caught on fire with me in it?” “How would I save my children…myself?”
Well this nightmare became real for eleven families last week when an apartment building caught fire and cameras caught two young girls as they jumped from an apartment window into the arms of two men waiting below.
They had broken the window and jumped out, as horrified neighbors watched.
The girls were taken to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite, and after being checked out and treated for lacerations, are said to be doing OK.
Investigators say apparently someone had thrown a cigarette that was not completely out into a box filled with paper, in the back of the building at the Morgan’s Landing Apartments located off of Roswell Road in Sandy Springs, GA.
No one else was hurt in the fire, but the families lost all of their possessions.
Watch the terrifying video below.