*Get this: A bunch of children eating with their family at a Joe’s Crab Shack in Colorado Springs were mistakenly served alcoholic versions of some drinks.
Six children, ages 2 through 8, were with the Montoya family and visiting relatives when they ordered drinks with cute names.
The alcohol-free “Shark Nibble” mixed drinks were ordered from the menu, but family members say 30 minutes after the kids had received their drinks, a waitress came to their table to inform them they had mistakenly received alcoholic “Shark Bite” drinks.
One of the kids, a 2-year-old girl, had already finished her drink, which contained Bacardi Limon rum, Skyy vodka, blue Curacao and grenadine.
Fortunately, it appears no serious harm was done to the children; who were sent home after being examined by Colorado Springs paramedics.
Colorado Springs Police said the incident is under investigation by the department’s liquor team.
In an emailed statement to UPI, Joe’s Crab shack said the employee responsible for the incident has been fired.