Say It Ain’t So: Girls Kidnapped By Boko Harem Now Suicide Bombers?

Females, Boko Harem victims

*The latest news coming out of the horrific story surrounding the schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants earlier this year is that they are now being used as suicide bombers.

At least three girls have killed themselves, and sometimes others in the process, as a result of strapping bombs to their body and going out into heavily populated areas.

The picture below shows one location being cleaned after a female suicide bomber died there.

This new development was tapped after a number of female suicide bombings occurred in Kano, Nigeria’s biggest city; and it was discovered that a ten-year-old girl was wearing explosives in Katsina state.

According to reports a teenage suicide bomber, said to have been female, blew herself up at a college in Kano and killed six people in the process. This was the fourth suicide bombing in a week that had been carried out and police are standing guard.

Suicide Bomb Scene

Though no one has claimed responsibility for the acts, suspicion rests on the military group, Boko Haram, who have been continuously fighting for an Islamic state in religiously diverse Nigeria. The group  has repeatedly bombed Kano as it radiates attacks outwards from its northeast heartlands.

Government spokesman Mike Omeria said security forces arrested three Boko Haram suspects in Katsina state,  one was a 10-year-old girl who had an explosive belt strapped to her by the others, he said.

Boko Haram has been known to use female suicide bombers on occasion in the northeast; and now, this tactic may be increasing.

Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up at a trade show and a petrol station in Kano on Monday, killing one other person and injuring at least six others.

Read more here.

One thought on “Say It Ain’t So: Girls Kidnapped By Boko Harem Now Suicide Bombers?”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *