OK, so the author may not have had a large derriere in mind when it was written, but that doesn’t make it any less true when it comes to women carrying more “junk in da trunk” than can fit into a pair of jeans without a struggle and having to put up with stuff because of it.
There are pros and cons to everything – even having a badonkadonk.
Harvard Medical School researchers say the fat found in women’s butts and thighs may actually protect against heart disease and diabetes. And researchers from the University of Oxford find that not only do women with larger butts tend to have reduced levels of cholesterol and are more likely to produce hormones that metabolize sugar, they are actually “smarter.”
So there, as young New Zealand pop star Lorde would say.
But then there’s the other side of carrying this generous portion of curve. Especially if you’re a woman.
The comments it brings out in men for one.
These “hey baby, can I handle that for you” comments rarely make women feel anything but objectified. And then there’s the ill-fitting clothes, and oh, that damn song!
Thanks to Huffington Post, here’s 10 very real struggles of women with big butts.
You know the song, “Baby Got Back,” by Sir-Mix-A-Lot. If you don’t, it goes a little something like this (excerpt):
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can’t deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
‘Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she’s wearing
I’m hooked and I can’t stop staring
Here’s 10 reasons why having a big butt can be a real bitch sometimes.
1. Men on the street have asked if they can use your derriere as a pillow. (They most certainly may not.)
2. Your dresses are three inches longer in the front than they are in the back.
3. Strangers have asked you for your squat routine.
4. You have to leave the bar when “Baby Got Back” comes on. Or “Bootylicious.” Or “Miss New Booty.”
5. That freakum dress Beyonce’s always talking about? Unless you want to look like you’re working a street corner, it’s just not gonna happen.
7. You have definitely knocked something over by turning around too fast.
8. Three words: Lower back pain.
9. Buttcrack. Always.
10. No underwear provides enough coverage. Even granny panties look cheeky.
…and there’s 9 more you just have to see. So head on over to Huffington Post to learn what they are.