The show you are about to hear will have you passing a plate and waiting for the question “If you don’t have a church home, would you like to come to the front and join today?” This woman has hit the nail on the head in every aspect of human interaction for 2012. But this particular conversation is for the black woman.
Monique Caradine is a Chicago radio show host on WVON 1690AM that has gotten fed up with the negative, stereotypical, black woman being seen on reality television (i.e. Basketball Wives, Real Housewives of Atlanta). But, her outrage triggered something much deeper and instrumental to the development of black women in 2012. She is delivering the “Black Women’s Manifesto.”
Tenants of her manifesto (and she expounds on each one) are as follows:
1. We will strive for better health–mentally, physically and spiritually.
2. As mothers, we will put the BEST interest of our children FIRST.
3. We will absolutely NOT flirt with, lunch with, spend time with, share personal information with, engage in long conversation with, or have sex with another woman’s husband.
4. We will raise our standards and level of expectation when it comes to relationships.
5. We will vigorously protect our image in the media.
6. We will create a multiple-streams-of-income lifestyle.
7. We will ONLY speak words that give life.
8. We will lovingly forgive ourselves for bad decisions and stupid mistakes.
9. We will honor ourselves (and the God within us) everyday.
Just those things alone have you printing this out and taping it to your mirror. She is a warrior of old! She is really making a difference with her words and trying to save our young women one virtue at a time. Check her out and be prepared to take notes, ladies! This is the real deal. This is really what they mean when they say, “Go hard or go home!” Making a commitment to one’s self is hard. But, she gives a superb road map to help begin the journey. Enjoy.