We reported a story from the Detroit News in September that put Michigan’s residents on alert that those who had been on government assistance since 2007 would have to prepare to lose their aid. The state of Michigan is already in a financial state of emergency, then they tell residents to prepare to lose any type of welfare they’re receiving? Ludicrous!
But according to the Detroit News, that previous action set in motion by the former governor, Jennifer Granholm, will not rear its ugly head in the state…at least not today. The 41,000 recipients that were set to lose their welfare assistance today will hold on to it longer and with more information in hand about how to file a grievance and/or keep their assistance if they are in need.
The plan was ridiculous from the beginning. It is obvious that someone is either mismanaging or misappropriating funds in a disastrous manner for Michigan’s residents. The astronomical unemployment rate combined with a forced welfare cut-off is a nuclear warhead waiting to explode into every neighborhood and city of the state. Thank goodness a judge saw the injustice and put a halt to the madness.
U.S. District Judge Paul Borman said that recipients hadn’t been given the proper notice because the state’s welfare recipients were told on Sept. 11, they had 90 days to request a hearing for their complaint without losing benefits. But, they really only had nine days.
Read more here on the insanity going on in the state of Michigan. The media tries to make it appear that the residents are the problem by blasting the petty crimes that go on in Detroit. It looks like all of Michigan’s government are thugs and have been carrying out the biggest heist of the century! I say give them all the Kwame Kilpatrick treatment! They deserve it!